Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Hi, Folks! Exploration 8 - Social Bookmarking Sites and Folksonomies

I'll have to admit, I didn't know much about bookmarking sites and folksonomies before reading the explorations material. The first time I heard co-workers talk about del.icio.us, I thought it was a site for recipes. (I know: clueless.)

After spending waaaaaaaay too much time floating around del.icio.us, I first did a search for "Horror Fiction" and came up with what will undoubtably become one of my favorite sites, Monster Librarian. There were tons of other sites as well, eating up even more of my precious time.

A search for "Writing YA Fiction" wasn't as satisfying. Only a couple of really useful sites came up, plus Stephenie Meyer's website. (Oh joy.) Another search for "Weird Fiction" was wonderful. Had to stop; didn't want to.

I honestly don't know that many patrons would be interested in bookmarking, but I'll certainly mention it to those I think might be. I'm certainly going to use it, forcing my wife to change the sign over my office door from "Geek" to "King Geek."

No comments: